I’m not sure if we have ever queued an hour for a burger, actually never imagined that I’d want to queue that long for a burger in the first place! But it happened, last Thursday. On the first day of Mister Gee’s weekly burger truck pop up, we made our way to Parramatta road to find an eerie looking scene at 7:40PM – a long line of people in the dark. If you weren’t following this burger craze you’d think that some odd cult was gathering at a car wash after hours. We became one of them, slowly shuffling our way to the front… I felt like I was being feasted on by mozzies in the process, how is it that they get to ‘eat’ before me?!
An hour later, we had the Stoners Revenge burger in our hand! But rather than biting it in the dark, we quickly drove to the nearest shopping centre (Central Park) with hopes to sit down in the food court and enjoy the burger. Not even half way through the burger, security came over to us to tell us that the centre was closing so we had to move. ERgh – don’t you just hate it when you’re in the middle of a good meal and you get disrupted? The burger was ah-mazing though, no wonder it -supposedly- broke the internet last time. This burger craze in Sydney right now is not doing my waistline any good!
1 hour queue for a really good burger, worth it.
Besides shooting a wedding of a fun couple on Saturday, our impromptu burger adventure was the other exciting thing that happened last week. Actually, we ate out a lot more than usual.. like on that wedding day alone, we seriously never felt so well fed in a long time.. or ever! When you are shooting a wedding, you want to eat whenever there is an opportunity to! We may have had at least 5 meals that day, luckily did not get into food coma.
Foodie Highlights of the Week
- Has got to be the Stoners Revenge burger from Mister Gees Burger we queued an hour for!
- Scroll ice cream! Flavoured cream turned into ice cream on an icy cold plate, mashing other ingredients into it at the same time. The process is just too fun to watch, especially when you record it on snapchat and speed it up 3x.
Scroll ice cream from Curl Berry, Bondi Beach
Waking up after a long wedding day for a good breakfast at Cuckoo Callay in Newtown
Cactus’ aren’t the best kind of table decor especially when seating is tight – got pricked on the way down!
Other random thoughts and happenings! –
- So guys, Plants vs Zombies addiction is back, I need to work on forgetting that this game ever existed to quit it again. *SIGH* Well, quit until my next plane trip so I have some entertainment then.
- Season 5, Episode 12 – I have officially caught up to the current episode of Once Upon a Time! Now I’ve got to find something else to marathon on while I wait for new episodes.
- Speaking of which, I’ve missed watching Chinese dramas, as odd as it sounds… its the visual equivalent of ‘comfort food’ for me!
- I’ve seen a crazy amount of cactus’ last week, particularly on someone’s driveway where they had gigantic ones, probably as wider than a car tyre. I’m afraid to think how they are planting those in their gardens or even just accidentally tripping in front of them. *Goosebumps*
- I love when restaurants have an open kitchen so you can see your food being made, I want to learn how to make Shanghai dumplings / Xiao long bao next! I was also that odd person trying to snapchat-video them, dumpling making aunty gave me some weird looks… though I’m sure she’s used to the attention.
Aunties making Shanghai dumplings at New Shanghai, Chatswood.