Does the title of this post look familiar to any of you? If you have been following my blog over at Clarzzique (before it became purely work related) I used to share about my weekly highlights from both work and personal life as part of a weekly instalment under the same title. I missed doing this because for me it was a nice way to start the week, just reflecting on events which I probably would forget if I didn’t. So I decided to introduce it for the first time on this personal blog.
When you work from home Monday – Friday, life can be pretty same-same every day. I don’t get to see interesting things on the way to work, having different lunch options or get hyped up about a new lipstick I bought after work. So hopefully from this weekly ‘exercise’, I’ll encourage myself to make the work week a little more interesting perhaps cooking something different for lunch or working in a new space for a change oh and just picking up a real camera to document life in general.
Lets see where this takes me!
Going to Europe!
We’ve been keeping this on the down low until we had everything confirmed before sharing the next big thing for Clarzzique – we’re heading to Germany to shoot a wedding! I came back from our recent unplanned trip to Korea feeling a little ’empty’ without having something to look forward to and not sure where our next destination(s) will be this year… and this opportunity popped up! It came as a referral from one of our own team members – word of mouth at its finest! Spent the last few weeks trying to work out our itinerary which hasn’t been the easiest trip to plan so far, there are just too many amazing cities in Europe and very limited time. We know for sure that London and Germany are definite. If anyone is interested in a session during July – August… drop me an email! 😉
Surprise dinner date at Rockpool
Mr A was a little sneaky and organised a spontaneous dinner date for Tuesday night. The restaurant was kept a surprise until we arrived at the doorstep. It made one of the most memorable dining experiences for sure! More on this later..
Other highlights and happenings:
- Editing time also means drama/movie marathons at my desk. The latest obsession is Super Girl – a DC comic turned superhero action drama series which also is a side story to Superman. Am I the only one who dreams of flying?
- The Bachelor (America, season 20) and Once Upon a Time (Season 1) are the other shows I’ve been watching while waiting for new episodes of Super Girl. Who doesn’t love watching the drama that goes on in the Bachelor house…
- I found out about the monthly markets at Precinct 75 – a pretty cool hipster/business area in St Peters so had to check it out! Safe/sad to say I left empty handed despite almost wanting to buy a cup that says “I’m not bossy, I am the boss” and another succulent plant which I probably would kill in a few weeks or months.
- We played, “Cards of Humanity” during our long-overdue catch up with friends. We had a good time laughing through it or moments when we just cringed and thought, “thats just messed up!”.
- The most ‘lovey dovey’ thing we got up to this Valentine’s day was probably going on a double date with my sister and her boyfriend to watch Zoolander 2! I couldn’t believe that it was our first movie at a cinema in 4 months! Movie was OK, doesn’t quite live up to the first – as always. “Wacky” sums it up for me. I may have enjoyed the new reclining seats more, oh and the popcorn.
Thanks for reading! More travel posts to come before next week’s instalment 🙂