If you follow me on instagram, you would’ve seen me spam several photos of my recent obsession…. modern calligraphy; writing with calligraphy nibs and ink. I’ve been obsessed with this form of writing for the longest time (possibly influenced from being in the wedding industry!).
It took me a while to finalise my shopping cart; a few different kinds of nibs, pen holders and a pot of black ink. I’m kicking myself why I hadn’t bought them sooner because I am having so much fun just doodling all kinds of random words these days! (reason for the occasional 20min ‘breaks’ during the work day.)
I hardly ever reach out for a pen since Uni days ended. If you were to see my normal handwriting… it is messy, hard to read, really nothing to be proud of. Since trying to learn modern calligraphy I feel like I’m falling in love with writing for the first time in my life (haha)! There are chances that I might even start handwriting every package/card/letter I send out! Who knows where this new interest will take me… 😉
Will occasionally post up some of my scribbles up here!
I’ve got some good news. I’ve added a new feature so you can publish your blog posts on Urbanspoon yourself without having to wait for us to do it! Here’s how it works:
– Make sure you’re signed into Urbanspoon.
– Go to your Urbanspoon blog page (not your user profile): https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/4988/Sydney/Clarissa-loves-to-eat.html
– Click “Edit blog settings”.
– In the Pending Posts section, click “Edit and publish my pending posts”.
– Then, enter the “snippet” text, verify the date and URL, and press Publish.
Please make sure that:
– The URL should be the permalink to the blog post (not the blog home page, a category page, a post preview, or a service like feedproxy).
– The snippet should be 3-4 sentences (quoted from your blog post) that gives an idea of what’s in the post.
– The snippet should NOT include bylines, dates, address info, captions, tags, HTML code, etc.
If reviewing a restaurant that is part of a chain, only add a spoonback for one of the locations. The only exception to this is if you are specifically and in detail reviewing more than one of the locations.
Note: there may be a delay of 1-2 hours after you post on your blog until our system detects the post.
We’ll give you one week to do it yourself, then it’ll go into our queue to publish.
Thank you for all of your contributions, and let me know if you have any questions.